Due to the current social distancing restrictions, our responder service and activity days are suspended but please contact us via telephone or email. Also check our Facebook page for the latest news and Facebook Live Q&A sessions.
Grampian Child Bereavement Network is a small local registered charity who provides direct support to bereaved children and young people throughout Grampian.
GCBN, was formed in 2009, by a group of professionals who identified that there was a gap in services for bereaved children and young people in Grampian. In 2019, GCBN became part of The ARCHIE Foundation family of funds.
GCBN is managed by a committee who have a range of backgrounds, including Educational Psychology, Social Work, business, and service users. The Board all work hard at ensuring that the services provided are of the highest quality.
GCBN has one part-time employee. Our coordinator is based in ARCHIE’s office at Royal Aberdeen Children’s Hospital.
GCBN services are provided by trained volunteer responders.
Aims – GCBN, believe that if children and young people are provided with the appropriate support then they will manage their grief.
GCBN aims to
- Assist children and young people to access appropriate bereavement support in Grampian.
- Raise awareness of the impact of bereavement on children and young people.
- Provide opportunities for children and young people to come together to acknowledge their loss and share activities and memory work in a safe and supportive environment.
- Provide resources, information and support to families and carers where a child or young person is bereaved, including suitable books to help the child on their journey through loss.
- Provide opportunities for parents and carers to come together and share in a supportive environment.
- Provide support and information to carers and professionals working with bereaved children and young people.
- Provide opportunities for family support and direct work with children and young people through our Responder service.
- Provide training for schools, organisations and professionals within Grampian