Grampian Child Bereavement Network provides support to bereaved children and young people across Grampian. We believe that if children and young people are provided with appropriate support, information and guidance then they will manage their grief.
At this difficult time, please contact us by Telephone 01224 554152 or email
We will do all we can to support both current families and new families who lose loved ones regardless of their cause of death. Also check our Facebook page for the latest news and Facebook Live Q&A sessions. We are also still gifting books to families
Our website also has lots of helpful advice and ideas for children, young people, families and professionals supporting them.
We rely on donations and grants to run the service, please support us through the Just Giving link below
£10 Buys a specialist book
£50 Supports a craft day such as Memory Boxes
£150 Trains and fully kits out a volunteer responder with books & crafts
£1000 Would pay for a years activity days
£10000 Would cover our book service for a year
GCBN, was established in 2009 and has been supporting, bereaved children and young people in Grampian since. In 2019, GCBN became part of The ARCHIE Foundation family of funds. GCBN has two part-time employees based in ARCHIE’s office at Royal Aberdeen Children’s Hospital.
- GCBN provides trained volunteer responders to support on an individual basis
- Telephone and email support service
- Book Gifting service with over 50 specialist titles to help talk and remember
- Activity Days and Teen groups to provide support networks
- Training for education, healthcare and social work staff in how to support the bereaved
- Mentoring, we can support professionals already involved with the child or family