GRAMPIAN CHILD BEREAVEMENT NETWORK
Supporting bereaved children and young people in Grampian
PIZZA AND MOVIE NIGHT
When: Saturday the1st October,2016
Come long and make some pizza and watch a movie. We will have a few to choose from on the night.
Please note the conference is now full and a waiting list is in operation.
Grampian Child Bereavement Network is a dedicated resource that can refer on to national and local resources which can provide children with support when they are bereaved. This may include a referral for counselling. It will provide a central point of referral for children who have been bereaved. It will hold and regularly update a directory of resources.
Grampian Child Bereavement Network aims to
- Assist children and young people to access appropriate support for bereavement within Grampian
- Provide information about the effects of bereavement on children and young people
- Raise awareness of the impact of bereavement on children and young people
- Provide information and support to families where a child or young person is bereaved
- Provide support and information to carers and professionals who are supporting a bereaved child or young person
- Provide resources to families and carers who are supporting a bereaved child or young person
Grampian Child Bereavement Network believes that:-
- Bereavement is a normal part of everyday life
- Children and Young People who are bereaved should be able to have their loss acknowledged
- Children and Young People grieve at their own pace - age and developmental stage will make a difference to how a child or young person manages their grief
- Children and Young People are resilient but they still need support from adults whom they trust
- Every child and young person is unique and their reaction to the bereavement will also be unique
- The relationship the child or young person had with the deceased person will impact on the way they experience their grief
- The circumstances that led to the death will also impact on the way a child or young person will manage their grief